This recipe calls for the following products in the Elevated Pantry:
- 1 head of Purple Cauliflower, Sliced in 3/4 of an inch "steaks"
- 3 teaspoons of Jamaican Jerk Seasoning Rub
- 2 key limes, juiced
- pink himalayan salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon of coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup (optional)
- 3 tablespoons of grapeseed or avocado oil
In a small bowl, mix all ingredients except for the cauliflower. This is your marinade.
With your hands, a spoon, or with a cooking brush, coat your cauliflower steak(s) with the marinade.
OPTIONAL (RECOMMENDED) STEP: Place your coated cauliflower in a container and let sit to marinate for at least 2 hours. Overnight is best. NOTE: your cauliflower steaks will still be delicious if you choose to skip this step.
Pre-heat your oven to 415 degrees fahrenheit. On a baking tray lined with parchment paper, cook your cauliflower for 20-22 minutes, then flip to the other side and cook for another 20-22 minutes.
Serve with coconut quinoa, coconut rice and peas, a delicious salad with a yummy dressing, fried plantain, (as pictured) or whatever makes your heart and taste buds happy. Get creative!